Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30 WOD: Clusters

Lesson for the day: simple is not the same as easy. And what is up with these thrusters? I see them every week!

The WOD today was 21-15-9 of:

- Clusters (squat clean + thruster)
- Burpee to plate (jump onto a 25 lb plate)


Initially, I'd wanted to use the 25 lb bar, but Miggy suggested that we go a bit heavier since the workout is shorter than usual. Fine. I got the 35 lb bar. There was a 15 min cap but I was able to finish in 12:07. I know I still need to work on my form. If I'd had the energy, I would've done the skill WOD after. I actually like doing the Burgener warm-up.

Anyway, I'm slowly prepping myself for the Paleo Challenge, which starts on Feb 15. I prepared my lunch last night before going to bed: leftover roast chicken and cucumber. I also packed 2 bananas and an orange for snacking. And now I realize I'll have to do better than that or I'll quickly get bored with the diet. I'll make sure to put in more effort next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment