Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2 WOD: Starting the year right

The family is leaving for Boracay on Wednesday, so I won't get to work out until maybe Saturday or Sunday. Today's WOD was quite simple, and the coach explained that's because he wants to ramp up the intensity. We were asked to choose if we were doing WOD A or B. The exercises were the same, except that there were more reps in B. Of course, I chose A. :) We did 15 mins AMRAP of:

- 3 pull ups
- 6 push ups
- 9 squats
- 20 double unders (or 40 singles)

I did band-assisted pull ups using the green band, push ups on my knees, and 40 singles. Part of the warm up was scap pull ins, where you start from a dead hang position and push your shoulders down then raise your chest. I think that helped me with the pull ups, and -- dare I say it -- I think I'm getting better at it. It's just putting on the band that's difficult.

Anyway, I was able to do 9 rounds + 3 pull ups. Yay, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment