Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6 WOD: OHS couplet

A. SWOD

In 5 working sets, work up to a 3RM overhead squat. Rest 2 minutes in between sets.

B. Metcon

7 RFT (18 minute cap)

7 OHS (95/65#)
7 burpees

It's been a long time since I last did OHS. I forgot how challenging they were. I started with 45# and ended with 75# for the SWOD. I was going to sandbag the metcon but Coach Jordan convinced me to do it as prescribed so I said I'd try. I did a snatch every time I had to get the bar up, so you can be sure I wanted to put it down as seldom as possible. On the last rep of the very last set, I failed the OHS three times I think and I really wanted to cheat and not do it anymore. But I finally nailed it and was able to finish within the time cap.


My score: 75#; 17:17 Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment