Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Jul 16 WOD: Not Rx enough

Today is 1RM squat clean and jerk day. Wooo! Coz you know how much I love the C&J.

A. SWOD (20 minutes)

Squat clean and jerk 1RM

B. Metcon

12 minutes AMRAP

7 power clean and jerk (135/95)
14 front squat (135/95)
200m run

I was able to do 105 lbs for the squat clean and jerk. I attempted 110 and although I was able to clean it I failed at the jerk.

Coach Jordan wanted me to go Rx for the metcon and I agreed to try. I knew it was going to be challenging because it's one thing to use 95 lbs for strength WODs; it's another thing to use the same weight in a metcon. Anyway, I was able to get in about 4 or 5 reps when I asked Coach to let me use a lower weight. I felt that it would be reckless of me to continue doing that and let my form deteriorate just so I could say that I did the WOD as Rx'd.

My score: 105 (squat clean and jerk); 1 + 14 front squats (75)

No comments:

Post a Comment