Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 7 WOD: Burpee/pull up couplet

For the first 15 minutes, we worked on the snatch. We were to work up to heavy singles.

I did about 3 x 45 lbs, 3 x 55 lbs, and 3 x 65 lbs. Coach Jordan didn't want me to add any more weight (I myself didn't want to either) because he saw that I was doing a little press to lock my elbows in the overhead position, and he wanted me to focus on squatting a bit when I'm throwing the bar overhead.

After the skill work, we had a metcon, which was:

21-15-9

Burpees
Pull ups

As usual, I did ring rows instead of band-assisted pull ups.

When I checked the WOD this morning, I was tempted to cherry-pick again because of the burpees, which made it all the more important that I go. I broke up the sets into two but didn't allow myself to rest too much. After breaking, I'd take 3 to 4 deep breaths then go again. Although my arms still hurt from yesterday's push press workout, it wasn't so bad.

My time: 5:22

No comments:

Post a Comment