Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Feb 18 WOD: Dead lift workout and core work

I didn't have time to do the Wendler as I arrived just in time for the 12:30 pm class today. After the class, I was in such a hurry to make it to my 2 pm class that Amie offered to pack away my bar for me and I even forgot to take a photo of the board!

The metcon was 9 minutes AMRAP:

- 12 dead lifts (275/185)
- 24 pull ups
- 36 walking lunges

You know how much I love dead lifts, but 185 is way too heavy for me -- that's my 1RM! I settled for 125. I also did ring rows instead of assisted pull ups.

My score: 2 rounds + 16 ring rows

After the metcon we did accessory work, which was 3 rounds of:

- 45 sit ups
- 30 glute bridges
- 15 band stretches

Ugh, sit ups! Another one of my goats.

In other news, Rich Froning sets a 300 lb snatch PR...


Shut. The. Door. Is there anything this guy cannot do?

No comments:

Post a Comment