Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Nov 8 WOD: 1RM clean and jerk

I decided against doing the back squats for this week's Wendler program when I saw that we were doing strength today. For the first part of the WOD, we had to get our 1RM for the clean and jerk. Then for the metcon, we had to do an ascending ladder of squat clean to thruster (or clusters, as I recall it's also called) with 30 seconds of rest in between rounds.


For the clean and jerk, I worked my way up until 80 lbs. Then on my first attempt at 85 lbs, I tried to squat clean it but I squatted too low and got off balance. On my second attempt, I was able to clean it but I couldn't get it overhead. Pfft. Some days you got it, some days you don't. But the clean and jerk is starting to become one of my favorites.

I used 50 lbs for the clusters and was able to do 8 rounds + 4 reps.

C & J sets above and metcon rounds below
Friday WOD day is always a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment