Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Aug 6 WOD: Max reps + Wendler Day 4

Backslide (v.) - to lapse into bad habits or vices from a state of virtue, religious faith, etc.

I backslid big time over the weekend. I had everything most un-paleo, from pizza, pasta, bread, cookies, and ice cream. And I paid the price yesterday -- I felt so bloated and heavy, and I was sweating even though it wasn't hot. Ugh. But today I start on a clean slate. :)

The box is being renovated, and we're finally going to have another bathroom! There's only one right now, so sometimes when someone knocks while you're doing your business, you feel a slight sense of panic. Well, at least I do.

For my 4th day of doing Wendler, I worked on my dead lifts pre-WOD.

Warm up: 3 x 55; 3 x 65; 3 x 85

70% x 3 = 3 x 105
80% x 3 = 3 x 120
90% x 3+ = 3 x 135

Assistance: 6 x 3 pull ups (green and blue band)

For the WOD, we had to do 3 rounds of:

- 2 min max reps hang power clean (Rx: 95)
- 2 min max reps box jumps (Rx: 20")

1 min rest in between rounds

Then, 4 mins AMRAP of:

- 15 double unders
- 30 mountain climbers


One of the many things I love about CrossFit is working out with a bunch of other people who have fitness backgrounds different from yours, and everybody still gets to do the same intense workout. I thought about this when a pro basketball player joined our class today (which the coaches jokingly call the "moms' class" because most of us who attend are moms). In the midst of all the cleaning and jumping, it crossed my mind that rarely will you be able to say that you did the same workout as someone who plays sports for a living.

Anyway, my scores: 63 (hang power clean 65 lbs); 101 (box jumps 18"); 2 + 4 DU.

No comments:

Post a Comment