Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16 WOD: Power cleans

Oh, SWOD Wednesdays, I love you!

We worked on our cleans today. First, we were given 10 mins to find our 1RM. I started with 55# and worked my way up in 10s until I reached 95#. Whoa. Yes. Ninety five pounds! I was surprised and amazed, because the last time we did a strength WOD on cleans, my 1RM was 65#. I almost couldn't believe it. I had to double check the plates I used to make sure that I'd computed correctly.

After the 10 mins, cash out was 8 mins AMRAP of:

- 5 Power cleans at 65% of 1RM
- 5 Hand release push ups


I used a 60# bar for the cleans. I must admit that I was very tempted to use a 55# bar, but then I decided that I should challenge myself. It was becoming a struggle to rack the bar towards the end of the 8 minutes, but I did it. By George, I did it!

Yes, we do!
(This isn't me, by the way. Got the photo here: source)
I still need to work on my form but I'm getting there. My score: 10 + 2 push ups.


No comments:

Post a Comment