Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 19

Today's meals

Breakfast: banana, coconut milk yogurt (from brother-in-law Mario's sweet mama), black coffee
Lunch: burgers, roasted curried cauliflower, oven-baked sweet potato fries, longan, ponkan
Dinner: grilled chicken, sinigang veggies, longan, ponkan
Snacks: singkamas (jicama in English), coconut water with coconut meat, longan

My mother has revived the obligation for us sisters to take turns taking care of Sunday lunches. They were scared that I'll make them eat something paleo, and I did, but they reluctantly admitted that they loved what I prepared. All they had to do was cook rice and make gravy!

I used sweet potatoes that had white skin and were orange inside. They were a tad more expensive than the violet ones I used to get (at P50/kilo) but they were sweeter and definitely yummier.

I bought paleo ice cream from Fog City Creamery - coconut vanilla and coco vanilla with dark chocolate bits. I haven't had the proper chance to try them because there are still so many fruits here at home, but I definitely will!

No comments:

Post a Comment