Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Jun 13 WOD: More new stuff to do

Strange new movements they're asking us to do this month. I really felt the burn in my legs during today's workout. And for the first time in months, I've had serious DOMS. Coach Jordan says that's a good sign because it means we're working muscles that we rarely do.

A. SWOD

Dead lifts 5 x 5 (65 - 70% of 1RM)

B. Metcon

4 RFT

2 x 10 single leg box jump (20/16)
2 x 10 lunges (155/105)
5 strict toes to bar


I used 135 lbs for the dead lift - a little bit over the prescribed 70% limit - and I focused on being careful with my form. For the metcon, I used a 12" box stacked with a couple of plates to make it 16", only 45 lbs for the lunges, and did strict leg raises. The single leg box jumps took some getting used to and I nearly hit the box with my face when I missed a jump, but I got the hang of it.

My score: 135 (dead lift); 14:27 (metcon)

After the workout, Rhona, Trish, and I begged Coach Jordan to make a program for us to help us with the movements and he agreed. Best coach ever! He said we'll focus on the upper body first, then had us do 10 x 2 underhand pull ups. We were allowed to jump on the first rep, but for the second one we needed to use the stretch reflex of our muscles (at least, that's how I understood his explanation) to pull ourselves up again. So not easy. He had to spot me on the second reps so I could get my chin over the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment