Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Jun 14 WOD: Bar complex

Dead lifts, cleans, and jerks... that's what (CrossFit) girls are made of. Finally, a workout that I liked!

A. SWOD

Power clean EMOM 10 x 2 (85 - 90% of 1RM)

B. Metcon

3 RFT

5 dead lifts (155/95)
5 hang power cleans
5 front squats
5 jerks

The 10 am class was so full, we almost ran out of bars! Trish and I shared a bar for the SWOD. At first, we thought we'd stick to 85 lbs but we eventually added a bit more to make it 95 lbs. For the metcon, I only used 65 lbs - which I later realized was too light because I finished in under 5 minutes.

My score: 95 (power clean); 4:07 (metcon)

After the WOD, we started talking about the team throwdown happening in September. One team is composed of 2 boys and 1 girl, and according to Coach Pau the format of the throwdown will be similar to the one we had in June last year. Meaning, teams go against each other once a week then there will be a final throwdown at the end of the month. I'm thinking about joining but I don't know how I'll be able to handle the stressssss.


No comments:

Post a Comment