Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Post-challenge Day 37 + Apr 20 WOD: Fran!

Today's meals

Breakfast: Bananas with coconut butter
Lunch: Burgers, stir-fried squash with adobo seasoning, iced americano
Dinner: Burgers, stir-fried squash with adobo seasoning
Snacks: Apples, oranges, singkamas

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I could live on singkamas forever! That, and chocolate. I could be as paleo as I like, but I cannot live without chocolate.

WOD

What's a great way to end the week? Do Fran!!! To a newbie like me, I didn't get what the fuss is all about. Fran is a simple couplet WOD -- thrusters and pull ups. I thought Josh would be tougher. But why do CrossFitters fret when they find out they're doing her? I guess I finally found my answer today. And if there's one thing I've learned from 4 months of doing CrossFit, it's that you should never, never, (one more time) never underestimate the WOD.


I was wiped after doing Fran. I don't know why, but I found her to be more brutal than Josh. Anyway, I wanted to use a 35 lb bar for the thrusters but somehow Tere and Jordan convinced me to do 45 lbs instead. And of course, I used the green band for the pull ups. My time: 8:00.

I think I've finally gotten the hang of doing pull ups. I was able to do 21 unbroken! I'm a beast! A teeny tiny baby beast! Meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment