Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Dec 16 WOD: 1RM Shoulder press

A. SWOD

6 work sets to 1RM shoulder press (20 minutes)

B. Metcon

7 minutes AMRAP

7 box jumps (24/20")
7 burpees
7 kettlebell swings (24/16 kg)

I didn't get a PR on the shoulder press but I'm happy that 70# didn't seem as heavy as it did the first time. I remembered to avoid overextending my back as much as possible (I don't think I bent it that much) and I tried to keep my whole body tight

Fewer and fewer people have been going to the 10 am class. My theory is it's because of the slightly cooler temperatures and the shorter days that make it more difficult to get up in he morning. Oh, and I'm sure the heavy holiday traffic is also a factor.


My score: 70# (shoulder press); 4 + 6 KBS (yes, one friggin rep shy of 5 rounds)

No comments:

Post a Comment