Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Jun 27 WOD: Getting to know pain

I've been reading up on some CrossFit stuff (duh, what else?!), trying to figure out what makes athletes tick. We know that what they do isn't all fun and games, and that very often they need to go to that place where it hurts and be comfortable there. I read Lisbeth Darsh's "Eat the Pain" post yesterday, which somewhat gave me the motivation I needed for today's WOD.

A. SWOD

Overhead press 1RM (10 minutes)

B. Metcon

5 RFT (20 minutes)

20 band good mornings
15 push press (95/75)
10 box jumps (24/18)
5 burpees


Trish, Rhona, and I shared a bar for the SWOD. We also used the cute new wrist wraps that Rhona had made for us! I believe in my heart that they helped me with my brand-spankin'-new strict press PR.

I didn't know what the heck band good mornings were until the coach gave us a demo. So, you get a band, step on one end then wear the other end around the base of your neck, then you do a good morning. As what I did last time, I avoided looking at the clock, and whenever I took a break I tried to limit it to 3 to 5 deep breaths (operative word: tried).

My score: 70 (overhead press); 16:47 (green band, 55 lbs, 18")

No comments:

Post a Comment