Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Jun 10 WOD: Burpees and plates

Looks like it's going to be another tough week ahead.

A. SWOD

Back squats 5 x 5 (75 - 80% of 1RM)
Partner glute ham raise 4 x 10

B. Metcon

2 RFT (18 minute time cap)

30 burpees
40 plate ground to overhead (45/25)
50 plate overhead lunges

Helen and I shared a bar for the squats and we used 100 lbs. The partner GHR felt a bit strange, but that's how it is when you do something for the first time. For the metcon I used the prescribed 25 lb plate. It was painful! I felt the sweat streaming down my face and I kept imagining that I would have to go through worse if I were seriously training as regional-level athlete. The trend at the box seems to be for athletes to work towards being able to join the CrossFit Asia Regional competition next year. That's for the serious ones. Me, I'm happy just getting PRs and improving on my lifts.

My score: 100 (back squat); 1 + 35 plate ground to OH

No comments:

Post a Comment