Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Feb 22 WOD: Good sweat + Wendler

Strength: Shoulder press

3 x 70% = 3 x 40
3 x 80% = 3 x 50
3+ x 90% = 6 x 55

Assistance 1: Good mornings

1 x 10 x 35
1 x 10 x 45
1 x 10 x 55
1 x 10 x 65
1 x 10 x 75

Assistance 2: Sit ups

5 x 10


WOD

We did body weight exercises today - sooo not my favorite!

It was 12 minutes AMRAP:

50 squats
30 push ups
15 pull ups

Rest 8 minutes, then reverse tabata (10 seconds on, 20 seconds off) L-sits.


Coach Matt worked out with us and at the beginning I tried to keep up with him (I know, what was I thinking?!) but he's just so fast. I just did my best to keep moving and not rest so much. Ooh, and I'm so happy I'm able to do a lot of real push ups now. However, I can't help but worm some of the reps, especially towards the end of the workout. Also, instead of doing assisted pull ups I did ring rows.

My score: 2 rounds + 6 pull ups

Oh, and big news: I finally found the guts to sign up for the CFMNL Open. I haven't paid yet though, so I might still be able to back out if I suddenly lose my nerve. Coach Matt said I could sign up for the Baby rx (no weights) initially, and if they think I could handle it they'll move me up to Medium Rx (35# thruster, front squat, overhead squat, push press, 16 kg kettlebell, knees to stomach, jumping pull ups).


I'm scurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment