Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Jun 22 WOD: Almost Rx'd!

I purposely went to the box early to work on my double unders. Yes, again. And you know what? It paid off! Because now I'm able to string together 3! I'm not able to do it consistently yet, but I will soon.

After 20 mins of practicing, I was already drenched in sweat and it was time to warm up for the WOD. It was 15 mins AMRAP of:

- 15 elevated hand-release push ups (with feet on a 45 lb plate)
- 12 kettlebell swings (Rx: 16 kg)
- 9 knees to elbows
- 6 box jumps (Rx: 18")

I did all but 3 exercises as Rx'd. Heck, yeah! I just couldn't do knees to elbows yet. I dared to do push ups with my feet on a 2" plate and no longer on my knees for the first time -- and it felt great! For the knees to elbows, Jordan had us stand on tall boxes so our arms would be bent when we hold the bar. He said we should push off of the box then bring up our knees to touch our elbows. I was able to do it only several times. Le sigh. Always new things to learn.

My score: 5 + 9 kettlebell swings.

No comments:

Post a Comment