Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

December 30 WOD: Making it count!

Before leaving for a lunch date this morning, I packed my gym stuff because I was planning to go to the last class at the box. After having eaten too much and consequently feeling bloated however, I was hesitating about working out. But when the lunch group broke up at around 2:45, I took it as a sign that I had to go to the box.

When I got there, the coach divided us into 2 groups -- probably because there were too many of us -- and he put me in the easier group. I say easier because the other group's WOD included 2 2-mile runs, squat cleans, and box jumps (gulp!). My group had to do 20 mins AMRAP of:

- 15 toes to bar (again with the toes to bar!)
- 12 push presses
- 9 pull ups
- 6 pass throughs

For the toes to bar, I again did leg raises; for the push presses, I initially used the 35 lb bar, but the coach saw me struggling after the second set so he gave me the 25 lb bar.

I was able to complete 4 rounds and made it up to the 9 pull ups of the 5th round. I felt good about it but my hands sure didn't.
Growing calluses
I'm starting to learn that calluses, bruises, and even wounds come with CrossFit territory. My knees have semi-perpetual bruises because of the lunges and push ups we do, and I still have scratches on my shins because of the dead lifts we did some days ago. Battle scars is what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment