Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Jun 3 WOD: On the road to thunder thigh highway

I love squats. You know I love squats. I'm a squatter at heart. But today's SWOD was really yucky.

A. SWOD

5 x 12 back squats at 65 - 75% of 1RM (15 minutes)

B. Metcon

4 RFT

10 burpees
20 kettlebell swings (24/16)
30 two-hand kettlebell chest to overhead


Trish and I shared a bar for the back squats and initially we thought about doing 85 lbs. But doing 5 reps of 85 lbs is very different from doing 12 reps of 85. So we stuck to 75. And even that was awful.

We did Russian swings (swing up to eye level) instead of the usual overhead swings for the KBS. I used a 12 kg kettlebell because I didn't feel confident about doing 30 chest to overhead at 16 kg. Still DNFed though.

My score: 75 (back squats); 3 + 10 burpees (metcon)

(source)
Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment