Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Feb 19 WOD: Clean and jerk sandwich

Yes, I like making up names for the WODs. :)

Today's workout was for time (15 minute cap):

- 20 clean and jerks (135/95)
- 800m run
- 20 clean and jerks


You know that moment when you're warming up with the bar and the realization that it's not going to be an easy workout dawns on you? You go through the motions of loading the bar, do a few reps at your working weight, and wait for the rest of the class to get ready. There's a moment of slight panic and the idea of quitting even before you start fleetingly crosses your mind, but then the coach yells, "3, 2, 1, GO!" and you have no choice but to go through with it. That's why I always tell myself to not do the math (like it says in The Two Cardinal Rules of CrossFit), because once I start adding up all the reps for all the exercises I have to do, that wave of panic hits me.

Anyway, I used 65 lbs for the clean and jerks. My time: 13:51. For the cash out, I burned 26 calories during the 2 minute row.

No comments:

Post a Comment