Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dec 12 WOD: Couplet + Wendler

WOD

We did body weight exercises today, as we do every Wednesday. I was again tempted to cherry pick when I saw the WOD (it's the first thing I check in the morning, if you must know), but I had no choice. I don't like wall balls and burpees, which is even more reason for me to go.

There's a 20 minute time cap, and it alarmed me to see some DNFs on the board. We had to do 30-25-20-15-10-5 of:

- Wall balls (Rx: 14 lbs)
- Burpees

I used 10 lbs for the wall balls again, and even at that weight it was hard. It didn't help that my arms and legs (and my butt!) are still sore from yesterday's WOD. But slowly, the numbers went down and I finished, just barely, in 18:42. It was intense. Soleil even said that she threw up in her mouth! Like literally. OMG.


Strength: Back squats

It was still early when we finished, so I decided I better do the Wendler and get deload week over with.

40% x 5 = 5 x 50
50% x 3 = 3 x 65
60% x 1+ = 7 x 75

My legs were so shaky! Don't know if I should blame yesterday's WOD or today's WOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment