Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Nov 29 WOD: Snatch pulls + Wendler

Strength: Shoulder press

Last day of Cycle 3 today.

Warm up: 5 x 35

75% x 5 = 5 x 45
85% x 3 = 3 x 50
95% x 1+ = 4 x 60



WOD

After a 400m warm up jog, we all worked on our double unders because the second part of the workout included double unders.

For the first part of the workout, we were given 15 minutes to work up to 3 x 3 heavy snatch pulls. I was able to work up to 75 lbs.

For the metcon, we had to do the following EMOM for 12 minutes:

- 3 power snatch (Rx: 45 lbs)
- 15 double unders


Since the focus of the workout was technique, I used only 35 lbs for the power snatch. There was an option to scale and do 60 singles instead of 15 DUs but I managed to convince myself to not chicken out. My DU skillz eluded me when I needed them the most. Bah. I was able to complete 7 out of 12 rounds! And yes, I'm happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment