Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Aug 3 WOD: Squats and rocks + Wendler Day 3

Traffic was sooo bad going to the box, I thought I wouldn't be able to make it by 9 am -- but I did! It started raining and when I got out of the car it was so crazy windy I didn't bother to use my umbrella.

For strength, I did shoulder presses today. Weights are in pounds (duh!).

Warm up: 5 x 25

65% x 5 = 5 x 30
75% x 5 = 5 x 35
85% x 5+ = 8 x 40

Assistance: 7 x 20 hollow rocks (included in the WOD)

For the WOD, we did 7 rounds of:

- 7 overhead squats (Rx: 65)
- 20 hollow rocks



I used 35 lbs for the OHS. Even with that weight I felt wobbly at times, and I was afraid my shoulders would collapse and the bar would come crashing down on my head. Beads of sweat kept trickling down my face with every rep! Me and my irrational fears.

My time: 14:52.

No comments:

Post a Comment