Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Aug 10 WOD: TGIF + Wendler Day 5

Three days of no workouts feel like forever. I know I could've done burpees or squats or sit ups at home, but when you're not at the box it's just not the same. I know... excuses!

I was supposed to do this strength workout last Wednesday, but the box was closed so I did it today.

For Day 5, I did back squats pre-WOD:

Warm up: 3 x 45; 3 x 55; 3 x 65

70% x 3 = 3 x 75
80% x 3 = 3 x 85
90% x 3+ = 5 x 95

Assistance: 5 x 3 pull ups (blue band)

My sets on the left; Tere's on the right
After that, we did the WOD, which is 12-9-6-3 of:

- Dead lifts (75% of 1RM)
- Hand stand push ups


I should have used 125 lbs for the dead lifts but I wussed out and used 115 lbs instead. What? I'm still dead lifting my body weight -- doesn't that count as challenging? For the HSPU, I did pike push ups on an 18" box.

My time: 5:00.

Post-WOD, I worked on my kips and wide-grip pull ups. I've found that I have an easier time getting my chin over the bar if I adjust my grip and don't close my thumbs around the bar.

Also!!! I got 12 unbroken double unders today!

No comments:

Post a Comment