Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Post-challenge Day 5 + Mar 19 WOD: Scary

Today's meals

Breakfast: Paleo brownies (they're all gone now!), banana with coconut butter
Lunch: Singkamas, boiled sweet potatoes
Dinner: Paleo chicken nuggets, fried eggplant, carrot and cucumber sticks
Snacks: Singkamas, hard-boiled eggs

When I arrived from the grocery, I got down to making paleo chicken nuggets using this recipe from Multiply Delicious. I finished in about an hour then I stored them in the fridge for cooking this morning. I tried a piece this morning and I found it rather bland. I'll probably add more salt or add some spices next time.

WOD

It's Miggy's birthday today, and the coaches had something "fun" for us to do during the WOD. Yeah, if by "fun" you mean doing 100 front squats for time. Because that's what we had to do! We were given a 20 min time cap to do:

100 front squats (Rx was 95 lbs)

But at the start of every 2 mins, we had to do:

- 2 pull ups
- 3 squats
- 4 push ups

In the midst of all that craziness, we had to shout, "Happy birthday, Miggy!" when we reached our 33rd squat.


That means taking note of how many reps you'd done at the end of every 2 mins, doing the 3 other exercises, then resuming your count. I used a 55 lb bar, and I'm proud to say that even though I'd set up a 45 lb bar in case I felt like scaling further down, I didn't use it! I guess it was also easier that we had squat racks because we didn't need to clean the bars anymore. My time: 11:42.

My body is still sore from doing Friday's 12.4 and Saturday's paleo baseline WOD, but what the heck. I love it; it makes me feel so alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment