Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 5 WOD

I just realized that this blog is turning out to be more of a workout diary.

Anyway, yesterday's WOD was simple:

- Squat cleans (35 lbs)
- Ring dips (modified)

The catch: we had to do it in sets of 20-18-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2 in 25 minutes.

I guess it was good timing (?) that we had squat cleans because I'd just done Foundations Class last Sunday, so I was able to practice what I'd learned (??). Except that I always got berated by the coach for not having the correct form and not going low enough for the squat. But what can I do if my coordination sucks? I probably shouldn't overthink the steps to follow when executing a squat clean because I kinda do it in slow motion -- I count the steps in my head like when learning a dance step. And the coach says it has to be more explosive.

Now I know what my students must feel like when they have difficulty grasping a grammar point.

Please let me get better at this soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment